Trains, Planes & Courier Vans - delivering your parcel
- Yep, it's still called 'Shipping', but we promise we haven't used a ship since the Titanic sank. Speedy delivery is our aim, so it's planes and courier vans all the way.
- Your item’s product page will tell you whether the item is available to send quickly or whether it is a custom-made item that must be made from scratch, and will take longer to post. (see “Availability” under “Description” on your item's product page for dispatch times).
- All items are dispatched from Melbourne, Australia.
- Australia-wide Standard Shipping is FREE for orders over $100, so take advantage and toss in that extra piece to score free delivery.
- Please note: We use Australia Post for shipping. And while we post quickly, ultimately delivery times will be determined by Aussie Post. Gotta be honest here, and say that in our experience not all of Aussie Posts delivery times are met:( Most companies don't tell you that, but hey, been there, done that, and at the Boneyard we're all about transparency. We know there's nothing worse than expecting a parcel that doesn't turn up on time. However, you will be provided with a tracking number so you can eagerly follow the progress of your treasure from the Boneyard to your home base.
- Please note there are no returns or exchanges on sale items.
Domestic (Australia-Wide) Shipping Cost and Estimated Delivery Time
A standard fee of $10 P&H is charged for standard Australia-wide parcels. This includes tracking for your peace of mind, and ours. Orders over $100 are free, so take advantage and toss in that extra piece to score free delivery. In our experience, items tend to arrive fairly quickly to capital cities, and take longer to regional areas.
Australia post delivery estimate:
- Melbourne Metro: up to 2 business days
- Victoria Regional: up to 5 business days
- Interstate Metro: up to 3-6 business days, depending on lodgement and destination points
- Interstate Regional: Varies on destination suburb – contact us for an estimate
Express Post is available for $15.00 P&H.
International Shipping Cost and Estimated Delivery Time
The cost and time of international post varies according to your global location. These are the locations we post to:
New Zealand (and Oceania):
- Standard International Shipping: 5 business days – $19
- Express International Shipping: 3 business days – $29
North America (United States, Canada, Mexico)
- Standard International Shipping: 6+ business days – $24
- Express International Shipping: 4 business days – $44
UK and Europe
- Standard International Shipping: 7+ business days – $29
- Express International Shipping: 5 business days – $49
For Asia, Africa, Central and South America and the Middle East contact us for estimates.
We use Aussie Post International for these deliveries, and all mail will be trackable. Arrival times vary according to the final destination.
Her Lovely Bones BFF Returns Process
We want you to love your purchase! We'd love you to show it off to your friends and tell everyone how happy you are with our eager to please service. So if you're not completely satisfied, let us know and we will work with you to make it right.
Remember that due to the handmade and delicate nature of many of our products, and the use of materials from nature such as feathers and shells, there will be slight variations and imperfections in some items.
In nature, there are no flaws - just uniqueness! We believe this is one of the beautiful things about owning a handmade or artisan item. Here's some advice about caring for your jewellery.
Each piece is checked carefully upon dispatch no ensure there is no damage. Please remember the fragile nature of the components and treat with great care. And yep, that means the box and stationery too, in case you have to return the item and we have to resell it.
Please note there are no returns or exchanges on sale items.
The Online Buyers Dilemma
We’ve all been there. Online buying can be a total let-down when the item you’ve been hassling the postman for finally arrives, and it's just NOT right :(
Deep depression follows.
We’ve done our best to take most of the pain out of such traumatic experiences...
“Oh no! I don't like this piece! It wouldn’t suit Aunt Mabel at all!”
Don’t panic, while we are a very small business and can’t offer a cash refund, our jewellery can be returned for a full store credit or an alternative/future purchase. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 72 hours of receiving your item explaining why you'd like to return your item. We promise to take care of Aunt Mabel as best we can. Unfortunately by law we cannot accept earring returns. See below: "Very Important Stuff!" for more information.
“Dammit! This necklace is broken!”
Oops! Although very unlikely, as each piece is checked carefully upon dispatch, mistakes happen. This makes us sad, but don’t worry, we’ll make it right for you. Return the damaged item for a repair or replacement, depending on the nature of the flaw or breakage, or a full store credit will be issued if the item cannot be repaired or replaced due to limited inventory. Please note that the damage must be to the unworn item, and not the result of inappropriate or careless treatment of the piece. Fine precious chains break easily if treated roughly, as do crystals, feathers and other natural materials. So please treat your beautiful new treasure carefully, as this type of damage is your responsibility. To be eligible for a repair/replacement please notify us by email at email@example.com within 72 hours of receiving the damaged item.
“What a hassle! I want to return the piece. What steps do I take now?”
Returning online stuff is a pain, so we’ve made it as easy as possible.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 72 hours of receiving the item – This is important as we need to manage our very limited inventory numbers. Any issues raised with an item after this time may make it ineligible for a return. Make sure you explain the problem and, if the piece is damaged, attach a close-up photo of the flaw.
- We’ll send a teary reply and/or grovelling apology, together with a Returns number and a Return address to use when you post the jewellery back to us.
- Make sure to post it with appropriate protection and a tracking number as we can’t be responsible for items lost or damaged in the post. And keep that postal receipt and tracking number!
- The jewellery and the accompanying jewellery box/stationery must be not altered in any way, and be in a viable condition to re-sell as a new and unused item in order for us to accept them for replacement or store credit. Don’t worry, you don’t have to return the bubblewrap or any of the wrapping!
- Once the item is returned we’ll assess it and (except in exceptional cases), process your request for repair/replacement or issue a full store credit.
Very Important Stuff!
- Please note it's vital that you notify us of any issues within 72 hours of receiving your item as we have a very limited inventory and often pieces are one-offs. Any issues raised with an item after this time may not be eligible for a return.
- For hygiene reasons the return of earrings is not permitted by law. However we are more than happy to repair any damaged components if you notify us within 72 hours of receiving your earrings.
- There are no returns or exchanges on sale items.